Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt capture issues

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Michael K

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt capture issues

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 6:13 am

I have two Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt units, both of which I use to capture SD analogue video. I've been using them since 2015, and have successfully captured thousands of videos.
I'm now running Mac OS10.15 on a 2017 iMac, and things are no longer the same. I can't capture anything!
I have downloaded the latest Desktop Video, and it sees the Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt, however I can't capture anything in Media Express.
The settings are the same for both Desktop Video and Media Express.
I have tried this with composite, component and s-video high quality cables.
I have tried passing the same signals through the Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt to an additional monitor, and can't see anything there either.
I'm happy to describe more of the problem if that gives a better picture...
Can anyone assist here?
I really need to capture some material this weekend for a project on a deadline, looking for advice to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance
Michael K

Petter Opsahlseter

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt capture issues

PostSun Oct 18, 2020 7:36 pm

What is actually the problem? You say you can't capture, but what is happening, or not happening? Any error message, black screen, audio, video, quitting software... Did you update something that caused things to not be the same or did they just suddenly happen over night?

Petter Opsahlseter

PostTue Sep 12, 2023 1:26 pm

Did you just update to a newer version? I have an old mac pro 5.1 restored but the only desktop video software that works is version 12.0

Eric-Jan

PostSat Sep 16, 2023 4:55 pm

Old post warning ! please keep in mind Thunderbold 2 is used, mostly used only on 32bit version OS, if MAC OS is used, also on old MAC hardware, check out lists BMD has.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started