HDMI Output set to 8-bit depth?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jamiebasil

HDMI Output set to 8-bit depth?

PostFri Nov 06, 2020 12:31 am

Hi - Is it possible to change the HDMI output from a BM Micro Cinema Camera from 10-bit video to 8-bit video?
Thanks

j2inet

Re: HDMI Output set to 8-bit depth?

PostSun Nov 15, 2020 5:29 am

Not that I know the answer, but does 10-bit cause incompatibility problems with common field monitors?
Joel Johnson

jamiebasil

PostTue Nov 17, 2020 5:26 pm

j2inet wrote:Not that I know the answer, but does 10-bit cause incompatibility problems with common field monitors?

I'm not sure but I'm currently trying to connect my micro cinema camera to a raspberry pi. I think I have it working now but I'm having memory buffer issues. I'm also investigating EDID files and which sounds like it's important in communicating with a device. Any knowledge of if an EDID file exists for Blackmagic cameras?

j2inet

PostTue Nov 17, 2020 6:20 pm

jamiebasil wrote: Any knowledge of if an EDID file exists for Blackmagic cameras?

It should not, since that is a piece of data that a display device is reporting back to to the device generating video (Extended Display ID). Are you interacting with your BMMCC using an HDMI capture device between the Pi and the camera?
Joel Johnson

Return to Getting Started