Big Sur and UltraStudio/DeckLink devices

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Big Sur and UltraStudio/DeckLink devices

PostFri Jun 03, 2022 5:05 pm

Uninstall Desktop Video, with the Uninstall app in the Applications-Blackmagic Desktop Video folder.

Then install version 12.1 of Desktop Video. You should get a prompt about opening the Security and Privacy page to allow the extension. Even if you don't get a prompt, make sure you check the Security and Privacy page to see if it wants a response of some sort.

Then it will prompt to restart. After the restart, open the Security and Privacy window again, and see if it's looking for another response to allow the Blackmagic Driver to load, and respond if there is such a prompt.

Finally, make sure the system is connected to the internet. We've seen a few rare occasions where a driver install failed due to not being on the internet. Not sure why that happens, and it's not reproducible in the factory, but I mention it as a possible cause of a driver install failure.

Since people above reported that Desktop Video 12.1 was the last version that worked with their Intensity Pro cards, the same could be true for the Intensity Shuttle. I don't have access to one of those to test locally at the moment.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

PCM_81

Re: Intensity Extreme to MacBook with Big Sur - is is possib

PostSat Mar 25, 2023 6:22 pm

I'm in the same situation as you. Bought it dirt cheap but didn't go through the forums to check for compatibility.

M1Max
USB-C > TB2 > Intensity Extreme

p4pictures wrote:I have an old - massively reliable - Intensity Extreme. I use it to capture menu screens from cameras, it's worked brilliantly over the years on a MacBook & Mac mini with Thunderbolt 2 ports.

Now I'm trying to use it on a MacBook with USB-C ports. So I purchased the Apple USB to TB2 adapter. MacBook is running Big Sur. Downloaded Desktop video 12.2 and installed.

From the Apple system info I can see the Intensity is connected and the LED on it is lit... But Desktop video setup & Media Express simply show no device connected.

Simple question, is it time to bid farewell to the old Intensity Extreme, or does it still have a workable future?
Previous

Return to Getting Started