Blackmagic Media Express

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

ThiagoSilva

Blackmagic Media Express

PostMon Nov 23, 2020 2:33 pm

Bom dia! Blackmagic!

Meu nome é Thiago Dos Santos Silva e falo do Brazil.

Estou com um problema para abrir o software Blackmagic Media Express com a placa Decklink 4K Extreme 12G instalado com a versão de software 11.7, ao abrir o software, repentinamente ele trava e fecha. Estou a usar a placa em um servidor Dell R740 com Windows Server 2019, gostaria de saber se há alguma incompatibilidade deste software? E se o mesmo já foi testado em servidores. Informo também que o software Media Encoder Expression também abre e fecha repentinamente. Talvez a placa tenha alguma incompatibilidade.

---------------------------------------
Good Morning! Blackmagic!

My name is Thiago Dos Santos Silva and I speak to São Paulo - Brazil.

I have a problem opening the Blackmagic Media Express software with the Decklink 4K Extreme 12G card installed with software version 11.7, when opening the software, it suddenly locks and closes. I'm using the card on a Dell R740 server with Windows Server 2019, I would like to know if there is any incompatibility with this software? And if it has already been tested on servers. I also inform you that the Media Encoder Expression software also opens and closes suddenly. Perhaps the card has some incompatibility.

---------------------------------------
Attachments
Seal Telecom.zip
Estes são os "prints" de tela que tirei do servidor.
--------
These are the screen prints that I took from the server.
(264.13 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Last edited by ThiagoSilva on Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ThiagoSilva

Re: Blackmagic Media Express

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 6:36 pm

I received Jen Winslow's response by email, who told me that in all of our documentation in the drivers and the card itself, there is no mention of it being compatible with Windows Server systems or OS.

But taking advantage of the fact that this post was approved, i inform you that I installed windows 10 Pro Server and the problem persists, however I realized that the card's power cable is not connected to the server. Is it necessary to have this power cable connected to the board?

Thanks!
Attachments
Seal Telecom.rar
updated attachment
(433.69 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (58.27 KiB) Viewed 1420 times

ThiagoSilva

Re: Blackmagic Media Express

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 12:39 am

Dear, the solution found was the installation of the video card nvidia p400. With it we can visualize the video signal via fiber optics. And there was no need for a power adapter on the back of the Decklink 4K Extreme 12G card. Only working on the bus.

Thanks for posting this question in the forum!

You can delete this post if you want.

Return to Getting Started