Ultrastudio Recorder mini 3G to Windows computer

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

liamjonesart

Ultrastudio Recorder mini 3G to Windows computer

PostFri Nov 27, 2020 12:32 am

My Windows computer hasn't recognised my new Ultrastudio Recorder 3G yet :evil: , maybe someone here can help. I see there are pros in here.

This 3G recorder has a Thunderbolt 3.0 small output to go to my computer.

What cable should I use?

My windows computers' motherboard is a TUF Gaming X570-Plus and the specs say it has a USB 3.2 Type C which looks right, but I read it doesn't work. Indeed, I used a USB 2.0 Type C to C cable which fit but it didn't work.

I tried a USB-3 GEN 2 Type-C to A Cable, which fit but that didn't work either.

If I try a Thunderbolt 3, will that be compatible with my computer's USB 3.2 Type C? Will it supply the Ultrastudio with power? I'm trying to connect cameras to my PC for my Youtube channel. I've tested the El Gato Camlink 4k which worked, but not great. So now I try this.

blackmagic-cord.jpg
This is my setup
blackmagic-cord.jpg (270.94 KiB) Viewed 1193 times

Any help is appreciated.

Derfla

Re: Ultrastudio Recorder mini 3G to Windows computer

PostWed Dec 02, 2020 8:32 pm

Did you go into the BIOS of your motherboard and make sure that Thunderbolt was turned on and is configured correctly?

liamjonesart

Re: Ultrastudio Recorder mini 3G to Windows computer

PostSat Dec 05, 2020 10:04 pm

Derfla wrote:Did you go into the BIOS of your motherboard and make sure that Thunderbolt was turned on and is configured correctly?

I knew there would be good help here. I have not gone into the BIOS to turn on the Thunderbolt, I didn't know about that. I will try and get back. Thank you!

Return to Getting Started