Smart View Setup missing C++ extensions

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

JK @ o2 Group

Smart View Setup missing C++ extensions

PostSun Dec 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Trying to install & run Smart View setup and getting a system error for missing dynamic link libraries. Current (4.0.5) and previous (4.0.4) versions do not install a redistributable so not sure how to get the correct files. See below for details.

Lenovo ThinkPad i5
WINDOWS 10 x64
SMARTSCOPE 4k DUO
MSVCR120.DLL WAS NOT FOUND
MSVCP120.DLL WAS NOT FOUND

These files actually exist on this machine in the SYSWOW directory.

All other BMD applications on this machine run as expected. The only things installed on this machine are BMD apps, Chrome and Skaarhoj Unisketch/cores. Otherwise it's an up-to-date fresh install.

Tried on another identical laptop and it runs perfect. I would really like this to run on the first laptop since it's the machine assigned to be the "BMD System Controller" for this particular fly pack.

Is this just a matter of reinstalling the correct redistributable?

Thanks!

JK @ o2 Group

Re: Smart View Setup missing C++ extensions

PostWed Dec 09, 2020 12:48 am

So, after a few days of tinkering with this. For whatever reason this machine never had 2013 Visual Studio C++ installed. Which, of course, it wouldn't unless a piece of software needed it. Putting the link to Microsoft below in case anyone else runs across this issue as my initial forum searches were not fruitful.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... le-package

stephenmontgomery

Re: Smart View Setup missing C++ extensions

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Thanks for posting your solution. I had this exact same issue and can confirm that downloading the microsoft package from the link posted by JK above works!

Return to Getting Started