Intensity Shuttle 3.0 no audio PC, distorted audio Mac

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

trebrac

Intensity Shuttle 3.0 no audio PC, distorted audio Mac

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi. I am running the output of SD decks (3/4" Umatic, Betacam) into an Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0, and the USB into a MacPro laptop, Intel i7, running High Sierra10.13.4.

The Mac also has BootCamp, and runs Windows 10 Enterprise on the PC side.

I have Video Setup and Media Express installed, and I'm trying to capture with Media Express.

Video capture works fine on both PC and Mac. No audio on PC, and distorted audio on Mac.

Distortion occurs even when levels are reduced, similar to what you would hear if a line level feed were patched into a mic level input.

I have seen the problem discussed in many older posts, but no solution that seems to work.

Any help appreciated.

PlumWrinkles

Re: Intensity Shuttle 3.0 no audio PC, distorted audio Mac

PostSat Jan 16, 2021 11:00 pm

coming from a mostly audio background here, but my thought is to check the audio rate.

when I switch audio interfaces in Ableton the system settings will occasionally change themselves per interface and I'll end up with 96khz when I might actually want 44.1khz or 48khz.

can you change that anywhere? or check where your settings are..?

Eric-Jan

Re: Intensity Shuttle 3.0 no audio PC, distorted audio Mac

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 9:51 pm

(For MAC, did you check in the upper taskbar the loudspeaker icon ?)
UltraStudio Mini Recorder, Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Assist 6G. Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 16 on Catalina. Media Express, MacX Video Converter Pro, UniConverter (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started