drive configuration

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Craig A

drive configuration

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 10:15 pm

Hello all, I'm finalizing my new computer build and I have a question about drive configuration.
I'll be running Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB ram, RTX 3080, M.2 1TB, and multiple 2.5" SATA SSD's, as well as external HDD.

How would you configure these hard drives and what size SSD's would you go with? I will only be running Resolve Studio, Photoshop, and Lightroom...no gaming (why do people always ask that). I will be starting with 1080p videos for YouTube in the 8-15 minute range, but I will more than likely move to 4K as I learn and purchase the cameras. I could also see myself doing a 30 minute or so "nature documentary" down the road. I'm not sure about codec's and all that as I am VERY new to video editing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Upstage

Re: drive configuration

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 2:50 am

it depends on your Sata/SAS Hardware as to what you do with your drives.

we are running 8x 4TB ssd as our capture disk in software raid 1+0 using a Host Bus Adapter plugged into the servers storage PCIe slot.

-Peter

Return to Getting Started