HOW-TO: late start with BMPCC4K and latest-greatest Resolve

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

maxreason

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 pm
  • Location: phobos, mars
  • Real Name: Max Reason

HOW-TO: late start with BMPCC4K and latest-greatest Resolve

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 7:14 pm

For reasons too strange to mention, I'm just getting around to shooting with the BMPCC4K camera I purchased something like a couple years ago. And I'll be needing to edit with Resolve too, so might as well download and install the latest version (which as I understand things doesn't cost me anything because I purchased the BMPCC4K camera).

I read a message that said the serial number of the BMPCC4K camera was inside the battery hatch. But I opened my battery hatch, removed the battery, and there are no numbers (or writing of any kind) inside the battery hatch.

And I assume I will need this serial number to download the latest version of Resolve, right?

And I wonder whether new firmware or other goodies exist for the camera given two years have passed?

And where should I download the latest and greatest version of Resolve that works with my BMPCC4K camera?

I'll appreciate any answers and any other help getting me up to speed.

Also, where the easiest and best tutorials to learn Resolve?

Thanks much!
Offline
User avatar

Robert Niessner

  • Posts: 3556
  • Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 am
  • Location: Graz, Austria

Re: HOW-TO: late start with BMPCC4K and latest-greatest Res

PostMon Feb 01, 2021 1:38 pm

maxreason wrote:For reasons too strange to mention, I'm just getting around to shooting with the BMPCC4K camera I purchased something like a couple years ago. And I'll be needing to edit with Resolve too, so might as well download and install the latest version (which as I understand things doesn't cost me anything because I purchased the BMPCC4K camera).

I read a message that said the serial number of the BMPCC4K camera was inside the battery hatch. But I opened my battery hatch, removed the battery, and there are no numbers (or writing of any kind) inside the battery hatch.


There must be a credit card sized card in the box which has the product activation key on it for Resolve.
The card also has the serial number of the camera on it.

You have to download the studio version which will need either a dongle or the activation key:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion
No registration/serial number necessary just to download.

Activation key is good for any current and future versions.

maxreason wrote:And I wonder whether new firmware or other goodies exist for the camera given two years have passed?


Download firmware updates here:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... al-cameras

Latest for Pocket 4k is 6.9.6:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... 35/Windows

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... c%20OS%20X

maxreason wrote:Also, where the easiest and best tutorials to learn Resolve?


Lots of tutorials and manuals for training:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Return to Getting Started

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests