Have anyone worked with Decklink on SuSE?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

ahhongy

Have anyone worked with Decklink on SuSE?

PostMon Feb 01, 2021 5:45 am

Anyone have installed the Decklink driver on Suse? It installed and loaded successfully, but it does not works. Anyone have such experience? Please help me to figure out whether it not support SuSE or specific implementation required. Thanks in advance.

chiu2fai

Re: Have anyone worked with Decklink on SuSE?

PostSun Feb 14, 2021 9:16 pm

DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K works with OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 and kernel 5.3.18-lp152.63-default. However, I have not managed to use it when Secure Boot is enabled. During startup I get the message "kernel: integrity: Problem loading X.509 certificate -74" as soon as the key provided by Blackmagic is enrolled.

Zbigniew Lisiecki

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi, I'v just started to use it. My operating system openSUSE Leap 15.2 with Linux 5.3.18-lp152.69-default kernel, tha hardware: WS Z390 Pro ASUS mother board and the capturing device DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K BDLKMINIREC4K

Could you tell me, please first where could I download the driver and what is it's name ?
I found nothing adequate in kernel sources and also no download from blackmagicdesign.com

best regards, Z.Lisiecki

Zbigniew Lisiecki

PostWed Apr 28, 2021 12:15 pm

After nearly two weeks I am unhappy to report the failoure to install or use DeckLink Mini Recorder 4k on SuSe Linux. I installed DaVinci Resolver software, but the Control Panel Setup says: "No DaVinci control panels found". I have no good description, possibly no drivers, and nothing to find in the net.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Apr 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Zbigniew Lisiecki wrote:After nearly two weeks I am unhappy to report the failoure to install or use DeckLink Mini Recorder 4k on SuSe Linux. I installed DaVinci Resolver software, but the Control Panel Setup says: "No DaVinci control panels found". I have no good description, possibly no drivers, and nothing to find in the net.

A davinci control panel is something completely else as a Decklink card!!!

For Decklink cards you need to install the Decklink driver which is embedded in the Desktop Video Application.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Zbigniew Lisiecki

PostWed Apr 28, 2021 6:16 pm

Hi, thank you. I did succede to start this device under Linux and to use it under OBS, so it is working well with openSUSE, even if the description how to acomplish this is scarce.

tashi.hope

PostMon Jul 11, 2022 10:07 pm

Zbigniew Lisiecki wrote:Hi, thank you. I did succede to start this device under Linux and to use it under OBS, so it is working well with openSUSE, even if the description how to acomplish this is scarce.

Hey Zbigniew, how did you get it working in the end?

Return to Getting Started