Intensity Shuttle with Lenovo T420S

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Bluemagic

Intensity Shuttle with Lenovo T420S

PostTue Feb 02, 2021 8:56 am

Hi All

I am having issues to get my Intensity Shuttle running on a thinkpad T420S. I know the T420S is not certified by Blackmagic but the T420S is on Blackmagic's list as being 'reported by end-users as working', so I am wondering what I am doing wrong.
I have tried to stay close to the system that other users had got working which was e.g. Win7, Renesas driver v. 2.0.32.0, Blackmagic Desktop Video 8.0.1 driver (https://creativecow.net/forums/thread/i ... p-working/) and have tested different combinations of Renesas drivers and Blackmagic Desktop Video drivers (can't get exactly these drivers):

Laptop T420S
Win7
Renesas Drivers tested: 2.1.28 - 2.1.36 - 2.1.39 (does not make any difference which driver I use)
Blackmagic Desktop Video versions tested: 9.5.3 - 9.8 - 10.3.5 - 11.0 - 11.7

For DesktopVideo versions 9.x and 10.x I get a message 'LiveKey did not detect a valid Blackmagic Decklink card'. The device manager shows 2 times a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle in the category Audio/Video/Gamecontroller. The status of the one with the location 'Port_#0001.Hub_#0001' is reported as 'working properly' for the other one (yellow triangle) with the location 'Port_#0003.Hub_#0001' the status is shown as 'cannot start device (Code 10)'.

For DesktopVideo version 11.0 again the card is shown twice, however, both with a yellow triangle and a statement of a missing digital signature (downloaded directly from Blackmagic).

DesktopVideo version 11.7 fails to install ('There is a problem with this Windows Installer package...')

My T420S is just equipped with the onboard graphics Intel HD 3000, it does not have the additional optional Nvidia NVS 4200M card. I guess this makes no difference as the trouble seems to be with the USB3.0?

I am getting a bit desparate and would really appreciate any help or suggestion.

Is is still possible to download the driver versions reported as working successfully (Renesas driver v. 2.0.32.0, Blackmagic Desktop Video 8.0.1)?

Thanks, Christian

Bluemagic

Re: Intensity Shuttle with Lenovo T420S

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 10:16 am

Nobody using a T420S who could help?

Does anybody still have the Renesas driver v. 2.0.32.0 he could make available?

@Blackmagic: Is it still possible to get the Blackmagic Desktop Video 8.0.1 driver as according to some posts the problems seemed to start on a number of systems thereafter?

Return to Getting Started