Display Calibration with Decklink 2

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

DigitalMetal

Display Calibration with Decklink 2

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 11:35 pm

Hi, Hopefully a straightforward question to those who know:
I'm setting about calibrating my screens as best i can hope with an Xrite i1 and DisplayCal software and during the first stage of the setup it asks you to adjust your RGB values within your monitor to best match the levels on the calibration window. this if fine for screens that have this kind of control but one of mine (an Apple Cinema HD 30") has no hardware controls at all as i presume its all usually handed in the mac colour profile software, however I'm using this screen with a Windows PC connected to My Nvidia GTX1080Ti via DVI and the Nvidia software doesn't seem to have any individual RGB controls that I can find.
The other one is my Broadcast monitor connected by HD-SDI through my Decklink Studio 2 which I guess should be ok because the DisplayCal software talks through Resolve for that one.
Anyone have any thoughts on it or do i just ignore that part and skip ahead with the rest of the calibration routine and everything will be fine?
Thanks.
Cameras: BMPCC OG, BMPCC4K, Sony A6400, GoPro 8, Insta360 One R.
Edit system:
Davinci Resolve Studio 18.X
BM Decklink 12G PCIe
Speed Editor
Windows 11 Pro
Nvidia RTX3090 24GB
Intel i9 10850K @4.9Ghz
32 GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM
NVME SSD's

Return to Getting Started