Intensity Pro 4K Problem recording at 30+ fps

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

AOliva

Intensity Pro 4K Problem recording at 30+ fps

PostFri Feb 05, 2021 5:34 am

Hi.

I recently acquired an Intensity Pro 4K capture card. I cannot figure out how to make it capture footage higher than 30fps. It is currently connected to a source outputting 525i 59.94 NTSC (tried both through HDMI and RGB cables), but the capture card no matter what I do only records 29.94fps footage. I have tried on OBS, Streamlabs OBS, and Blackmagic Media Express, to no avail.

Do I need to do some extra configuring to get it to work?

Regards,

Antonio.

Eric-Jan

Re: Intensity Pro 4K Problem recording at 30+ fps

PostSat Feb 06, 2021 12:03 am

You also did setup the Desktop Video Setup software ?(selecting resolution and selecting video input, be sure you don't mix up the interlaced or progressive settings, connect you source to a device that displays the resolution details in it's OSD to be sure you can set every device to the correct prefferences.

From which source you try to capture ?

Btw. RGB ? i guess you can only capture component, composite, s-video or hdmi video, component is YUV, RGB needs sync from the composite video signal.... and capturing from RGB is no option in the software to my knowledge

If your source is analog video > two fields (interlaced) is one frame (progressive)
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started