Compatibility

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jimzad

Compatibility

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 9:22 pm

We have a Sony Prosumer camcorder with HDMI output, We are attempting to connect the camera using an Intensity Shuttle to an ACER laptop with a USB3 cable. The Acer does not seem to recognize the device. The Acer is a new laptop with an i5 processor. Is the laptop the problem? How do we know? We are hoping to use this camera as a webcam using Adobe Flash.

Andy Mees

Re: Compatibility

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 am

I think you'll probably need to provide a bit more detail J.

What operating system / version are you running on the laptop? It's new laptop so am assuming Windows 7?
What version of the Intensity Shuttle drivers have you installed? I think you'll want Desktop Video 9.6.5 for Windows.

Double check all that, and then maybe post back with more specific detail about the laptop model. Also any details about troubleshooting steps you might already have taken, like trying a different USB3 cable, different port, trying it on a different computer etc.

Cheers
Andy
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

jimzad

Re: Compatibility

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm

We have the current drivers and these are the laptop specs> It does have the 64bit version of windows 7 with the latest service pack and a USB 3.0 port using a Renesas chipset that has updated drivers

Is the issue the motherboard? Does it actually need to have a Intel x58 chipset.

Unfortunately I do not have another device with USB 3

Return to Getting Started