Davinci Resolve Studio license

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

sebs9999

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Hi everyone,

a few days ago I bought a license for Davinci Resolve Studio on some special deal (Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Studio Software + Free DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor keyboard) from an authorized dealer in Europe.

Now the dealer explained to me that there is a delay in delivery and can take up to two months to restock it.
So that means I can not use software for two more months - so my question is if there any option to contact Blackmagic and get some limited license for that time?

Thank you and br,
Sebastjan

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Davinci Resolve Studio license

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 5:04 am

There was a previously a long backlog as we had a parts shortage but there shouldn’t be more than a week delay now. Follow up with ur local BMD office if the reseller says they still don’t know in a week
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

&Sopho

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 11:11 am

Thomann shipped the dongle immediately, the speed editor is due in ..... august, (sigh) but I can use DR Studio right now

&Sopho

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 11:13 am

...so, I think sending the licence now should not be a problem

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 6:32 am

&Sopho wrote:Thomann shipped the dongle immediately, the speed editor is due in ..... august, (sigh) but I can use DR Studio right now

August is far too far out. Contact your local BMD sales office and report the resellers date.
The backlog is all but cleared so there should be stock.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

&Sopho

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 8:19 am

[/quote]August is far too far out. Contact your local BMD sales office and report the resellers date.
The backlog is all but cleared so there should be stock.[/quote]

Yes, I did because of your post. They get a shipment this week, so I should get mine next week! August was the estimate in March when I ordered.

Thanks

Return to DaVinci Resolve