Intensity shuttle USB 3.0 composite capture issues.

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

elbundlo

Intensity shuttle USB 3.0 composite capture issues.

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi folks,
Can anyone advise me on the problem I am having with my Intensity shuttle USB 3.0 ?
Here's the issue: I cannot get a composite input working, but I know it works, because I had it working (briefly) the other day. It works fine with S-video and HDMI. I haven't tried component, because what I really want to use it for is to connect my panasonic vision mixer to Resolume, which is SDI and composite.
What I have noticed is that I set the input and output to the correct settings, in my case 625i50PAL, but I get a message in Media Express saying that the detected source is 525i59.94 NTSC. It seems to auto-detect, but the wrong setting.
What I have also noticed is that with Resolume (7, latest version) the same thing happens - it auto-detects the composite input signal as NTSC. when I try and change to PAL, it flips back to NTSC. HDMI and S-video work fine in Resolume too.
I am using the latest version of Media express (12) and have also tried some earlier versions, but all with the same results.
As I mentioned earlier, I had it working, briefly, the other day, so this is really frustrating! Before that, I did get it working in Resolume, but, again, briefly.
Any suggestions as to what I should try next?

Cheers,

Paddy

Return to Getting Started