h.264 "PRO?" Recorder

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Mark Chafe

h.264 "PRO?" Recorder

PostTue May 18, 2021 3:40 pm

Hello,

A few years ago I purchased an h.264 "PRO" Recorder, which has been nothing but "Professional". Every time I have tried to use it, I am constantly to load and reload drivers and software to get it to recognize on my systems. I installed it again 2 days ago and after a reboot it detected in Windows Device Manager, but did not detect in Media Express. After downloading multiple versions of the software, it decided to work properly until a reboot and has not worked since. It always detects in Device Manager, but very randomly does it seem to detect in Media Express, the software that comes with it, and seems to be the only software that works with it, when it does.

Is anyone else having the same issues? I've tried various USB cables on various systems with same results. I'd like to sell it but I can't even get it working reliably for the times I wanted to use it. I later purchased a much cheaper HD encoder that has worked flawlessly every time. \

Why this is STILL being sold for $500 US is beyond my understanding. Could someone explain how to use this device so it works more than once?

Sorry for the frustrating post, but every time I look at it I'm just reminded at how much money I wasted on this device, especially when a device more than half the price does a much better job every time.

Return to Getting Started