HELP ! USB Shuttle not recognized.

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Francklazare

HELP ! USB Shuttle not recognized.

PostFri Jun 04, 2021 10:30 pm

I have purchased Intensity USB Shuttle for capturing analog archival video. I'm using an iMac 2015, with Big Sur installed. I have installed and uninstalled Desktop Video latest version, then the previous one. Nothing, the shuttle is not recognized. No software in the packaging, no quick start instruction. I purchased from BH two days ago, today BH says the USB shuttle is discontinued. I have wasted the entire day trying to make this work, which no success. Please someone help, this is not the Intensity I was looking for!! :mrgreen:

Francklazare

Re: HELP ! USB Shuttle not recognized.

PostMon Jun 07, 2021 5:23 pm

So now I am told by Black Magic Support that the Shuttle only works with Catalina! from 2001? Is that a joke? They are like sorry you bought a $200 piece of equipment that's unusable, we forgot to mention that you need software from 2001, although we had you download software that specifically says the shuttle works with Big Sur. Actually the software only works with Big Sur. Nowhere, not on the packaging, not on the software page updates, nowhere does it says it's not compatible. I want my money, time and peace of mind back. Unreal.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jun 09, 2021 8:52 pm

The shuttle has been the problem child for many years.. Many dealers are happy when they sell the last one.. As they got so many returned as the USB version was very specific to ONLY a hand full of computers with the right chipset that it could work..

The product went EOL a long time ago but dealers had issues getting rid of them.

Support from Desktop video dropped at Desktop Video 11 which will work on all version only not on the latest Big Stur.. :roll: So roll back 1 OS version and you are able to run the Shuttle with Desktop Video 11.x

As for B&H put it back in a box and send it back. Product doesnt work on modern machines.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Francklazare

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 1:49 pm

Thanks Xtreemtec, everything you said!

I sent the shuttle back to BH. What a headache!
Now I am trying to figure out if I could install the newer Intensity 4K Pro in my “Mid 2010 Mac Pro” 5.1 and if the software would be compatible with High Sierra. I'm going to start a new post with more details.

Return to Getting Started