Can't open my Samsung T5 in windows 10

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

JapaneseSerow

Can't open my Samsung T5 in windows 10

PostWed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 am

I'm in somewhat of a pickle.

I had recently lent my Samsung T5 1TB to a friend and after I got it back and went out to shoot, I could not access the files in windows 10.

I get a prompt that the T5 is connected, but can't access it from the file explorer. I can also see the T5 in the disk partition as allocated.

My hunch is that my friend formatted the T5 to HSF which isn't recognized by windows 10.
If I format the T5 to Exfat, I would lose my files right?

I don't own a Macbook, so how can I recover the files?

I would really appreciate any tips on the matter!

JapaneseSerow

Re: Can't open my Samsung T5 in windows 10

PostThu Jun 10, 2021 4:04 am

Not sure if this was the best solution but I'm currently transferring the files from the T5 to an iPad and then using Documents app by Readdle to send the files from the iPad to my PC via the local wifi.

Will likely take a whole day to send all the files but better than losing the data.

Ellory Yu

Re: Can't open my Samsung T5 in windows 10

PostThu Jun 10, 2021 7:09 pm

JapaneseSerow wrote:Not sure if this was the best solution but I'm currently transferring the files from the T5 to an iPad and then using Documents app by Readdle to send the files from the iPad to my PC via the local wifi.

Will likely take a whole day to send all the files but better than losing the data.

This matter has been brought up numerous times in different threads here so if you search for it, you'll find what solutions others have taken. Here's one that was suggested...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=130469&p=711112&hilit=Samsung+Mac+Windows#p711112
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Return to Getting Started