UltraStudio Recorder 3G and Quicktime

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

cinemaverita

UltraStudio Recorder 3G and Quicktime

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 10:47 pm

Is it possible to use the UltraStudio Recorder 3G to record directly to Quickime video?

Quicktime recognizes the UltraStudio Recorder 3G as an audio input but not as video input.

I'm using Big Sur 11.4 and Desktop Video 12.1

VapnFagan

Re: UltraStudio Recorder 3G and Quicktime

PostFri Jul 09, 2021 3:08 am

I just updated to Big Suhr today.. I figured its been out for along time now so there would be no issues. Well, I was wrong..

After about a hour of screwing around i finally got my iMac and Desktop Video to see my UltraStudio mini. The problem is i use QuickTime to record all my videos, I like having the ability to change my audio source in Quicktime.

Well Quicktime only sees my UltraStudio as an Audio device and no matter what i do or have tried, There is no option to select it as a video source, Nor do i see it as a option. In all my years i never once had a problem with my UltraStudio.

After searching it seems like this has been a on-going issue for months and months now? BlackMagic being the company they are with all the high-end products the produce you would think this would have been fixed by now?

Guess its time to retire the UltraStudio and move to a new brand.

Arconic

PostFri Jul 08, 2022 6:10 pm

Has this issue been solved?

I have an M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.4, an Ultrastudio Recorder 3G connected via thunderbolt. I also have Desktop Video Setup 12.3 installed.

I can see the video feed in OBS, Cam Twist and Teams, but I only see the audio option in Quicktime. I've tried uninstalling the Desktop video 12.3 and installing version 11.7, but neither work with Quicktime.

Any Help would be gratefully appreciated.

Gary

Eric-Jan

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 10:44 am

It's a BlackMagic Design hardware device, Desktop Video Setup & Media Express is the best way to get control/record.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started