Forum Avatars

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

pixelkitchen

Forum Avatars

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 10:17 am

I'm sure this is not the most pressing issue on this forum, but has anyone figured out how to upload a small avatar on the profile? A small yellow text says pics should be no bigger than 6Ki ( meaning Kb?). So we did and no matter how small the icon is, we get an error message saying the pic is too big!??

Any hint greatly appreciated. thanks!
Marco Ruffatti
Director of Post Production
Pixelkitchen

M. +447748040672
T. +442071860000
marco@pixelkitchen.co.uk
www.pixelkitchen.co.uk

Julian

Re: Forum Avatars

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 am

Just tried and it works fine for me. Uploaded a 90 x 90 3,19 KB jpg file.

Christine Peterson

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm

pixelkitchen wrote:I'm sure this is not the most pressing issue on this forum, but has anyone figured out how to upload a small avatar on the profile? A small yellow text says pics should be no bigger than 6Ki ( meaning Kb?). So we did and no matter how small the icon is, we get an error message saying the pic is too big!??

Any hint greatly appreciated. thanks!

I think it does mean 6Kb. The maximum dimensions are 90 pixels by 90 pixels. What file format are you trying to upload? .jpg? .png?
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Perry

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Yeah, use the "Save For Web And Devices" tool in Photoshop to crank the size down, because you can mess with dithering and compression settings there (where the regular File/Save to PNG automatically makes a larger file) . Make it PNG8, instead of PNG24, which restricts the color palette, and reduce dithering and the number of colors you have in the image. 6kb is really tiny, but you can get a decent image with PNG8 since it's such a small size.
Perry Paolantonio
Gamma Ray Digital - 288 Walnut St Suite 105, Newton MA 02460
14k Film Scanning -- Color Grading -- Film Restoration
www.gammaraydigital.com

Return to Getting Started