Decklink 8K Pro - Blackmagic driver causing bluescreen

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Klaus Kranz

Decklink 8K Pro - Blackmagic driver causing bluescreen

PostFri Jul 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Hi all,
I have a Threadripper Windows Machine with 2x Decklink 8K Pro in it.

Basically the system is running fine BUT from time to time (like in between several weeks) Windows fails with a BSOD which renders the machine useless for live production. Last 2 times it happened during utilization of the decklinks and Windows startup. Minidump analysis references deckavs.sys which is the blackmagic decklink driver.

Unfortunately as the failure occurs so rarely it is a tough thing to fix. You think you did it, be sure it will happen the day after :shock: I had the PC run plenty of stress tests which all went fine.

So- I just wanted to know if you had any other ideas to tackle this besides just installing new drivers / reinstalling Windows. Is there any kind of hardware check I could perform on those cards to see if they work properly?

Thanks for your help!

emilsteixner

Re: Decklink 8K Pro - Blackmagic driver causing bluescreen

PostTue Nov 14, 2023 9:42 am

Hi!
This post seems to be quite old already but still, after a quick google search I stumbled across it..
Have you found a solution to this problem? Currently i'm running a setup with:

Windows 11
    RTX3080
    Ryzen 9 7950x
    32g RAM
    Decklink 8k Pro

I did encounter a few BSOD but without the Windows Eventmanager pointing to the Decklink driver..
Also when i have the Decklink plugged in i have problems booting. Somehow the system Freezes in the BIOS initialisation. When i manage to enter the BIOS it crashes even on BIOS level when selecting the boot drive.. So my first suspection would have been the SSD so i changed the slot, however as soon as i remove the Decklink everything works fine

i'd be happy to gain some knowladge!

Cheers
Emil

emilsteixner

Re: Decklink 8K Pro - Blackmagic driver causing bluescreen

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 5:25 pm

*** SOLVED ***

I Solved this Issue by Resetting my BIOS settings. I can't say what it was exactly causing the crashes but now my system runs stable also with the card being detected.

So anyone having similar issues, maybe take a shot at that.

Return to Getting Started