WHY Blackmagic? WHY?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

cvmarty

WHY Blackmagic? WHY?

PostWed Jul 14, 2021 10:11 pm

This is a very frustrated client of Blackmagic Design!

I set up a full studio with ATEM 4K + control, talkback converter, teranexes, videohub, and a bunch of other blackmagic devices and I STILL do not have the three HD Studio Cameras!!

I ordered them on January 26 2021!!! That is almost SIX MONTHS!!! And still NO SHOW!

I invested so much money to make this happen, I have way passed my deadline and there is no response from BM for delivery! How do you call this professional? How do you have the audacity to still advertise them everywhere and on your website without ANY WARNING?

When I ordered all the equipment, I was told from the BM reseller in my country that everything would take tops two months. NOT SIX and counting!! And the reseller is not having news from BM too.

And guess what! I cannot order some other cameras from somewhere else because tally, talkback and online color correction work only with BlackMagic cameras. My whole studio is just sitting around USELESS, because BM is focused on making bulk small devices because of covid as I have been told, ignoring the pro's or semi pro's for quick money.

PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE. It took me HALF A YEAR until I decided to post this, so please understand my frustration and anger!

Best Regards to all and be safe

highbeamstudios

Re: WHY Blackmagic? WHY?

PostThu Jul 15, 2021 10:23 pm

I was annoyed it took two weeks to just get me a simple serial number.

Hope you get a solution soon.

Xtreemtec

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 am

I have seen longer leadtimes..

And no you can't blame blackmagic for this.. Start googling for chip market problems.. ;)

That combined with the BIG BOOM in video market since March 2020 were thousands of companies decided to start in livestreaming as there was the money...

So blame yourself for not getting into it earlier.. And now there are backorders from here to tokio..

And with the current chip market problems.. It could be at least 2 years before normal operations and production is possible again..

We also have a electronics development and production company.. 3 products we use to sell are on hold due to chips are no longer available until march or even august 2022.. It sucks..

Other chips that we used in bulk and were around 1,30 dollar each.. Now cost 28 dollars a piece and only available if we buy at least 1000 pieces... :shock: :o Covid ****** up the chip market and all electronics are there to suffer..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Videobegin

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 2:41 pm

It may be a hard answer when you enter to the business. :o

I don't know if it's the same around the world and can't generalize local situation : resellers without pre-informations from BMD, fear to keep unsold goods. Better internal communication may lead to order more and smooth the sales, perhaps... but not resolve crisis.

To complete Xtreemtec :
- usually resellers announce delays so it's your bet: for 1st july order, mine told me before christmas.
- covid is an external cause with many implications. Manufacturing cameras need electronics parts but foundries can't follow orders. With very huge actual fakes componants, foundries take the same security level than diamond mines :!: I can also hear that BMD want to secure quality with only officials foundries.

Robert Niessner

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 am

Well, now you know why you didn’t get your studio cameras.
Better cancel the order and get the new much improved models.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Xtreemtec

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 8:38 am

Robert Niessner wrote:Well, now you know why you didn’t get your studio cameras.
Better cancel the order and get the new much improved models.

Dont cancel just ask to upgrade the order.. ;)

BMD offers resellers to buy the new model instead of the older one.. And those backorders are the first to ship out before all new orders ;) :D So any backorders will come first..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Videobegin

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:BMD offers resellers to buy the new model instead of the older one.. And those backorders are the first to ship out before all new orders

At the old model price of course :lol: :lol:

Return to Off-Topic