Camer control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tristan A

Camer control

PostFri Jul 16, 2021 4:40 am

So i am still learning a lot about these, but mostly only when we have events do i get to use them. so pardon my probable poor descriptions.

i have a studio cinema connected to a ATEM 1M/E production studio 4k. i am unable to control any of my cameras from the digital switcher.

i have SDI out from camera going into the 4th SDI in and the SDI in from the camera connected to the 2nd SDI out. XLR to ch 1, and HDMI out to my multiview. i am trying to adjust colors and such from the camera section of the switcher but cant seem to get it going. i have included a picture with arrows in case i described my setup poorly.

*edit for more info - i do get the camera's picture just fine on the switcher's built in screen and the multi view. I get the 4th channel lit up showing a connection in the "camera" and "audio" sections. i only hooked up the XLR to turn on the cameras mic and test to see if i get audio. which i do get audio.
Attachments
Atem2.JPG
Atem2.JPG (108.11 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
atem.JPG
atem.JPG (94.14 KiB) Viewed 2265 times

Sander Vreuls

Re: Camer control

PostMon Jul 19, 2021 1:19 am

What exact model of camera are you using?

Xtreemtec

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 9:28 am

Which camera are you using?
Did you plug in return sdi?
Did you set the camera ID to match??
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Tristan A

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 2:05 am

sorry for the late reply. life got in the way of things.

to answer the questions asked to make sure im understanding every in the end....

specific camera i am using is: Blackmagic Studio Camera (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... diocameraP
May have over explained in the OG post, but yes i had SDI in and out's on the camera connected. (cam sdi out -> sdi in #4, HD-SDI out -> cam SDI in)
As far as "set the camera id to match" do you mean go to the camera and set it to "camera 4" if i am connected to "SDI in #4"??

side note, i did get it working. i have my equipment in a rack and followed my cables wrong. i did have my camera connected to "sdi in #4" but did not have it connected to "SDI Out". i had it connected to "HD-SDI Out" once i move it to "SDI Out" then i was able to control it just fine after that.

Xtreemtec

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 10:15 am

Oh but the HD-SDI out is the ONLY connector not having Camera control data in it!!! :lol: :(

You need a PGM or Aux to send to the camera
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production