SanDisk Card Question...

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

djscottyobrien

SanDisk Card Question...

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 12:59 pm

Hey Folks... I have purchased two older model 5" Video Assists... I am trying to endure that i have also purchased the correct cards for the unit please.

I have bought the card... SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, SD Card - SDSDXXY-128G-GN4IN

BUT, was not aware of the recommendation list.

Would someone pretty please send me an Amazon link to the appropriate care. I would be happy to record @ ProRes 422 Proxy... as file size is a concern as I am not editing... just turning over the cards to a client for viewing on their laptop.

Would like to get a 128GB card.

Thank you!

Brad Hurley

Re: SanDisk Card Question...

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 5:55 pm

Not many current cards work in the original Video Assist; the card architecture changed a few years ago.

This one works in my original 5" video assist: Kingston Digital 128GB SDXC Class 10 SD UHS-I100MB/s R 80MB/s W Flash Memory High Speed SD Card SDR/128GB

Mine only lasted a year or two, though. It's affordable but at least based on my experience it may not be reliable in the long term.

I've had better luck so far with the Angelbird SD cards verified for the original Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. I don't think they are listed on Angelbird's website anymore due to low supplies but if you write to Angelbird and ask they can tell you if they have any in stock. Much more expensive than the Kingston but worth it if you want higher quality/reliability.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Return to Getting Started