Mini Converter HDMI to SDI - No SMPTE ST352 Video Payload ID

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

tkernen

Mini Converter HDMI to SDI - No SMPTE ST352 Video Payload ID

PostFri Nov 08, 2013 10:31 am

Hello,

I'm trying to use HDMI to SDI mini converters with 1080p50 HDMI sources. Unfortunately according to the WaveForm Monitor we are using it appears that in the SDI output isn't included in al the SMPTE ST352 Video Payload ID in the signal in a stable manner.

If we switch our HDMI source to 1080i50, the SDI output includes the correct Video Payload ID.

We also tested with our HDMI source to 1080p60 and have the same Video Payload ID issue.

Is there a known update to fix this issue?

Regards,
Thomas

Steinar H. Gunderson

Re: Mini Converter HDMI to SDI - No SMPTE ST352 Video Payloa

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 9:01 pm

I've hit this exact same issue myself on the Micro converters… and the Duo 2 doesn't seem to accept signals without SMPTE 352 set! So you have an issue where the converter doesn't set the payload ID, and the Duo 2 doesn't accept signals without it.

As a crazy workaround, some sources will make the converter set a payload ID (in particular, the PS3, if you can strip the HDCP), and then it will keep that payload ID until it loses power, even if you insert another device.

Return to Getting Started