Media Express crashes when when the screenlock becomes acti

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

leon1991

Media Express crashes when when the screenlock becomes acti

PostMon Nov 08, 2021 10:05 am

We're using MediaExpress with a Intensity Pro 4k interface-card on a Domain-joined W10 workstation. There is a group policy which locked the workstation after 10 minutes of inactivity.

MediaExpress crashes when the screenlock turns on. After we unlock our Windows-profile MediaExpress is frozen and there is a Windows error which indicates that MediaExpress doesn't respond anymore.

What possibilities are there to continue the capturing process when the screen is locked?

CShifflett

Re: Media Express crashes when when the screenlock becomes a

PostMon Jan 31, 2022 10:03 pm

I've got the same issue. Win11, any version from 11.7 all the way to the latest. I tried 10.11.4, but it couldn't find the Intensity card, so maybe that's a Win11 compatibility issue.

In my case, I'm capturing uncompressed AVI. If I kill the program, the AVI is fairly intact all the way to the end, but the index is broken. So basically, the recording seems to be unaffected, it's just the GUI thread is clobbered. Virtualdub2/Avisynth can handle the broken index, but large files mean some serious delays when it tries to re-index them. Really annoying, but at least I can salvage multi-hour recordings.

Return to Getting Started