New Decklink 4K Extreme Not Detected

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

reedandrader

New Decklink 4K Extreme Not Detected

PostFri Dec 17, 2021 12:35 am

Hey all, I got a Decklink 4K Extreme 12G yesterday and I was really excited to get started but I just cannot get the damn thing to install.

I'm running a i9 9900k on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme with a RTX2080Ti and 3 m.2 ssds. Win11.

Manual: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/ ... 34ab9b5973

Originally, I just added the decklink to my second pcie slot but after it didn't pop up in device manager or list in my bios as a device I figured it was a conflict with my other devices and my 24 pcie lanes. I've systematically removed things - removing gpu and using the integrated graphics instead, trying different pcie slots, removing 2 of my m.2 ssds. Nothing - same thing.

The fan does come on the Decklink so it's getting power (not sure if there is an led but i didn't see one) and I have the external power plugged in. I've also upgraded my motherboard bios to the latest.

I've seen other people having problems with detection by Blackmagic's software because the firmware wasn't updated but I can't even see it in bios or device manager.

Thanks for any help, I'm very sad.

Return to Getting Started