Placa Base ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I no reconoce QUAD2

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Juan Requena

Placa Base ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I no reconoce QUAD2

PostMon Dec 20, 2021 2:37 pm

Hello my name is Juan from Spain, a few weeks ago I built a portable PC in a LIAN LI TU150 box, CORSAIR F750 Power Supply, INTEL I9 9900K CPU with NOCTUA NH D15, 16 GIGAS RAM PATRIOT, M2 CRUCIAL SSD CT500P1SSD8, Hard Disk SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, Graphic Card QUADRO RTX4000 8 GIGAS and Kit 3 THERMALTAKE fans for the LIAN LI TU150 box.
Once mounted I installed Windows 10 PRO and everything worked perfectly.
The problem has now come later, when there was still a hole in the LIAN LI box, I decided to install a Blackmagic QUAD2 X8 capturer, from the M.2_2 port that I had free at the top of the motherboard, at the bottom as already I said I installed the CRUCIAL CT500P1SSD8 SSD.
In that free M.2_2 port I installed the converter to USB and from there with a USB cable to a PCIe X16 scaler of course powered, I put the Blackmagic QUAD2 X8 card in it, turned on the PC everything seemed to be going well, the scaler lights On, start the BIOS, then WINDOWS 10, I installed the Decklink Blackmagic 12.1 drivers but the card does not appear on the desktop or in the Device Manager no matter how hard I try.
I am looking for information and I find that putting a MiniUSB cable to the card and going to a USB port on the box may be a solution, so I do it and the card actually appears in the Device Manager and I get a warning on the screen that the system It is going to update the card software, I click OK, the download progresses and ends, asking me to remove the MiniUSB cable from the card, I do so and at that same moment, the card disappears again in the Device Manager, so I stayed the same, without being able to use the card.
Seeing that the problem was still the same, I decided to remove the Quadro RTX4000 graphics card from its PCIe X16 slot and install the Blackmagic QUAD2 there and use the one with the integrated ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I motherboard as graphics, because we are still the same, no It recognizes the QUAD2, if I put the MiniUSB as I did before, it does the same, it recognizes it, it asks for the software update and when removing it again it disappears, so I deduce that for some reason this motherboard does not recognize if you put a card other than X16, because the graphics card, I installed it on the scaler board that I made from the M.2_2 port and if it recognized it.
Someone in this forum seems to remember that I posted a similar case, and resolved it in the BIOS by changing the lanes from PCIe X16 to X8, I entered the BIOS and not what parameter I could touch to try this. By the way I updated the BIOS to the latest version ROG-STRIX-Z390-I-GAMING-ASUS-3006.
Please if someone can help me to solve this problem, I have the PC disassembled waiting for what to do, I would not want to change because I like this solution to be able to move the PC from one place to another with this LIAN LI TU150 box.
Thanks Greetings from Spain
Juan Requena

Juan Requena

Re: Placa Base ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I no reconoce QUAD2

PostMon Dec 20, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi, I'm Juan again from Spain, this afternoon I decided to take the QUAD2 card and test it on other PCs to see if the problem really is with the card and it seems that it is a problem with the card.
Connect the card first in a PC with an Asus Motherboard with two Pcie X16 and 4 Pcie X4, test in the two PCIe X16 and still does not recognize it, move the card to another PC with a Gigabyte Motherboard also with two PCIe X16 and a PCIe X8 as is the QUAD2 card in any slot both x16 x or x8 did not recognize it, I installed the latest Decklink 12.2.2 drivers and forced on legacy devices into Black Magic Decklink QUAD2 and it appeared in the device manager, giving a drivers error , so it is impossible for this card to be installed and recognized, possibly it has a problem.
It is within warranty, what do I have to do? where can I do an RMA to have this card repaired.
Please I need help.
Greetings from Spain
Juan Requena

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Placa Base ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I no reconoce QUAD2

PostTue Dec 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Contact the offices located in the UK as they would be the closest support for you. You'll see options to contact them on the support page with the link you see in my signature below.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Return to Getting Started