Difference between Mini and Micro converter

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

microfast

Difference between Mini and Micro converter

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 1:16 pm

Hi, I do use abitually the Miniconverter HDMI to SDI 6G.

The only limitation of the Miniconverter is that isn't able for the 12G, this way just released the new microconverter, I tested it, the bidirectional one, sure to obtain the same results adding the 12G feature for the 4Kp60 resolution, but unfortunately it is not the case like I did hope ...

I do explain me better:
I do use an hdmi source, do convert it in SDI to acquire the signal with a DECLINK card; I do this conversion because the HDMI source, directly fed to the Declink ( various model tested), every 20 minutes of working ( costantly), add "white" noise (and then after some seconds the audio return normal and clean for others 20 minutes and so on), to the audio acquired, while converting it in SDI using the Mini Cconverter this don't occours anymore.

However using the micro converter, the problem above described it is not resolved ( pass from the hdmi to the converted SDI): what may be the reason for this different behavior? could depend that the mini converter having the SDI audio embedder function does process differently the audio?

Can be that the more costly mini Teranex 12G works like the mini converter 6G in this contest?

Thanks a lot in advance for who can help me to undestand and possibly resolve this ...

Return to Getting Started