10G MultiDock Ejecting In Monterey

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

paulg666

10G MultiDock Ejecting In Monterey

PostWed Dec 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and have a quick question. Is anyone or has anyone had an issue with their 10G Multidock ejecting all disks after installing Monterey on their Mac? Since upgrading, overnight my iMac eject all four disks and presents the four error windows saying they were ejected incorrectly.

I have checked the cable, and disconnected/rebooted etc but still getting the issue. Any help or anyone who has experienced this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Fulwave

Re: 10G MultiDock Ejecting In Monterey

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 3:33 pm

I have two MacPro 2020 Towers running Catalina that also once a day eject my media.

Something is going on.

mlindkolt

PostMon Oct 24, 2022 10:37 am

Hello
We have two BM Multidock 10G each connected to a Mac Studio running Monterey (v 12.5.1 / v 12.4).

I have not experienced any sudden EJECT or ERRORs, but on login it is a bit random if the drives show up or not.

It also seems I can't mount the SSD drives with Disk Utility (is that the English name for this tool? /SWE), but have to pull out and re-insert the drives. Might work to disconnect/reconnect the USB.
But my fear is to find myself in this situation when I operate these computers remotely via VNC/VPN and can't access the stuff physically...

Any clues anyone?

/M

PTuser

PostFri Aug 04, 2023 9:09 pm

my Tb2 Multi dock is also ejecting all drives in Monterey on intel.....

Domscillator

PostFri Oct 13, 2023 8:23 pm

Same issue here- it's random as well but it tends to happen when my Mac goes into screensaver mode (I have set energy settings to NOT put disks to sleep).

Any ideas anyone?

Mac Studio M2 Ultra here.

PTuser

PostWed Jan 03, 2024 10:59 pm

I have the TB2 version. This issue seemed to go away when I upgraded Monterey intel to 12.6.8 however Ive not been in the room for some months. Back today and after an hour its started to dump all the SSDS from the desktop. System report still sees the device but not the drives. Restarted twice, power cycled, Replaced the cable - Still can't get the drives back up.......A fair few have reported this issue but Ive yet to see an explanation......

Return to Getting Started