Is there a Blackmagic service center in Los Angeles CA?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Is there a Blackmagic service center in Los Angeles CA?

PostSun Jan 02, 2022 7:02 am

Is there a Blackmagic service and repair center located in Los Angeles California that you can walk in and bring your Pocket or URSA cameras if you’re in need of it being serviced or repaired?

In case not, are there BM authorized service/repair centers in LA?
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Aldebruin

Re: Is there a Blackmagic service center in Los Angeles CA?

PostThu Jan 13, 2022 11:38 am

Probably easiest to phone BM customer support and ask, they are very helpful and actually answer their phones:
United States: +1 408 954 0500

Denny Smith

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 5:44 am

Ellory, how long have you been using BMD cameras1? It has to be at least five years…
The only west coast BMD Support Office is in the San Francisco Bay Area. BMD does not have walk in repair centers, as far as I know.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Ellory Yu

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 7:36 am

Denny Smith wrote:Ellory, how long have you been using BMD cameras1? It has to be at least five years…
The only west coast BMD Support Office is in the San Francisco Bay Area. BMD does not have walk in repair centers, as far as I know.
Cheers

Denny, I had various BMD cameras dating from the BMPCC OG. Then I had the BMCC 2.5K the year after it came out and the the BMCC 4K. When the Big URSA 4K came out, I the BMCC 2.5K and got the big URSA. I also got the UM 4K but after a years used, sold both the UM4K and the BMCC 4K. I then got the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 when it came out. I also bought the BMPCC 6K when that came out. So all in all, it’s been many years I don’t remember exactly how long. Prior to that I had others from Canon which was the C100 and also a RED ONE, which was a money pit to say the least.

I am aware of their SF office, I think it is somewhere in Fremont. Never been there or to anyone of them. I was hoping they had one in LA for repairs, just in case I need to and hopefully won’t.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Return to Getting Started