Mini converter SDI to HDMI 3G not working at 50/60fps

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jan_nl

Mini converter SDI to HDMI 3G not working at 50/60fps

PostMon Mar 14, 2022 6:55 pm

Hi,

I bought 6 mini converters sdi 2 hdmi 3G. They don't work at 50 or 60 fps. According to the specs they should support these frame rates. I did an update on the firmware and tried all available settings.
No mater what I try the image is not stable. I've tried many different cables. When I route the sdi-loop output to a videomixer the image is stable, but via hdmi-output to videomixer the image blinks constantly.
When I switch the source to 25/30 fps the image becomes stable again.
I've read that others are experiencing the same problem and that het not-3G models should work fine with higher frame rates.
How is this possible?

Visionproav

Re: Mini converter SDI to HDMI 3G not working at 50/60fps

PostTue Apr 19, 2022 12:39 pm

I have this issue with the micro converter variant.
So the BMD 3G Sdi to Hdmi micro converter is NOT working on 1080P50 and 60 while on 25 and 30 its perfect!
The older standard SDI to HDMI worked well on all frame rates!

Anyone find a solution???

fredeharley00

Re: Mini converter SDI to HDMI 3G not working at 50/60fps

PostSun May 15, 2022 12:22 pm

Jan_nl wrote:Hi,

I bought 6 mini converters sdi 2 hdmi 3G. They don't work at 50 or 60 fps. According to the specs they should support these frame rates. I did an update on the firmware and tried all available settings.
No mater what I try the image is not stable. I've tried many different cables. When I route the sdi-loop output to a videomixer the image is stable, but via hdmi-output to videomixer the image blinks constantly.
When I switch the source to 25/30 fps the image becomes stable again.
I've read that others are experiencing the same problem and that het not-3G models should work fine with higher frame rates.
How is this possible?

I have seen numerous threads regarding this issue but haven't had any luck.

Return to Getting Started