Is there a way to update Intensity Pro firmware yet?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Yendor

Is there a way to update Intensity Pro firmware yet?

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 1:34 am

I just installed my Intensity Pro into an older 64-bit Win 8.1 PC and downloaded the latest software. I wanted to update firmware, but encountered an unnamed error. I searched through the forum and saw some mention by others a long time ago. I tried v10.5.4 to deal with the driver signing issue without disabling signing verification, but it gives the same result. I tried even older software that I used on Windows 7, and that all has the same problem too. Ultimately, Desktop Video Setup is not remembering my settings, particularly the input I select. It always reverts to HDMI, but even then is not actually working.

Is there a way to update the firmware?

Yendor

Update: Is there a way to update Intensity Pro firmware yet?

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 3:32 am

I am experiencing some success. Here's what I did:
1. Uninstall BMD.
2. Turn off PCIe power management in the Control Panel "Port Options" (I used "High Performance" plan)
3. Disable driver signing verification (Restart while holding shift key down --> Troubleshoot --> Advanced Options --> Startup Settings --> (restart) --> 7) Disable driver signature enforcement)
4. Install BMD v10.5.4.
5. Follow step 3 again.
6. Everything seems to work now.

I don't know if the firmware got updated somewhere in there, but I don't get prompted now. Later I will try booting with driver signing enable, but for the moment I'm too tickled to mess with it.

Yendor

"Solved": Is there a way to update Intensity Pro firmware ye

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 6:35 pm

I tried a reboot without disabling driver signing verification, and it works! I was in a great mood, so I decided to see if the latest software version works now. It does seem to install and load the driver without complaining. However, Media Express crashes on startup - could be my hardware configuration. I tried Twitter and OBS Studio which work! So, the driver is functioning, but the app is hosed.

P.S. I will start a new thread on weird behavior I am seeing.

Yendor

Re: Is there a way to update Intensity Pro firmware yet?

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 3:39 pm

I hope this all helps someone. While investigating the undescribed weird behavior I was experiencing I noticed that the device driver was NOT loaded. This told me that 1) I still need v10.5.4 or disabling driver signing, and 2) OBS must have its own driver because it works in this broken state (it appears to detect the hardware directly if the driver isn't loaded, and provides a discrete source selection for "BlackMagic device". So, I think v10.5.4 is the proper solution if you want to use the BM driver with the most confidence.

Return to Getting Started