BMD Analog SDI mini converter to input SDI Video Assist

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Eric-Jan

BMD Analog SDI mini converter to input SDI Video Assist

PostTue May 03, 2022 9:29 pm

For digitizing uncopyrighted VHS media recordings i now use the BMD Intensity Shuttle (TB2) onto my MacBookPro, I'm using the Panasonic DMR-ES35 VHS/DVD video recorder combo, using the component video out onto Intensity Shuttle component video input, this works perfect capturing realtime play of a VHS tape, not any TBC needed, other outputs (composite and S-video) work also fine, where "normal" VHS vcr's fail in.
My question now is, could i use the BMD Analog to SDI converter (not bought yet) to record my VHS "footage" to my Video Assist 5" monitor recorder, my version of the Video Assist 5" recorder is the one that still has a USB mini connector, this is the 1.5G or 3G version ?
I'm hoping i can "capture" VHS to a SD flash card this way, would this be possible ?
(With the Intensity Shuttle i can even capture in YUV progressive mode, because these are settings both on the ES35V and Intensity Shuttle)

Thanks in advance,
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started