Media Express software required for H.264 Pro Recorder

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

bmwalters

Media Express software required for H.264 Pro Recorder

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 6:38 am

Greetings all --

I have a question concerning the H.264 Pro Recorder and the Media Express Software.
Is the software required to use the Pro Recorder?

We are moving our live streaming in house and are looking to use h.264 video with an adaptive bit rate. But, we don't have an encoder available for that purpose. The streaming software we are looking to use can be used with any encoder, but we don't have one. Their is a software solution, but there is a cost attached to that and we are looking to be cost effective.

So my question is...can I use the Pro Recorder to pull in the video signal and convert it for live streaming without the Media Express software?
According to the manual it is required for recording, but what if I just need pull through?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard Freemantle

Re: Media Express software required for H.264 Pro Recorder

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 12:47 am

Hi,

If you are happy to use windows then you might want to take a look at MX Light ( http://mxlight.co.uk/ ).
Which is designed for streaming & recording using the H264 Pro-recorder and ATEM TVS, this doesnt require Media Express but does require the drivers to be installed.

Cheers,
Rich

(disclaimer: I'm the author of MX Light)
MX Light developer
www.mxlight.co.uk

Liam Kennedy

Re: Media Express software required for H.264 Pro Recorder

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 6:07 am

Methinks the post above (rebeccawify) is SPAM. Very sneaky... it...almost... makes... sense.... but... not... quite
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Getting Started