Video Assist 7 " 12G - Can you record with Samsung SSD t7/t5

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Castelan

Video Assist 7 " 12G - Can you record with Samsung SSD t7/t5

PostFri Jun 10, 2022 1:03 am

Can I use the Samsung SSD t7 in Video Assist 7" 12G to record in RAW 4k? The manual only says the Samsung SSD t5! Is it more recommended and better for recording in RAW 4k? Are the Samsung SSD t5 and t7 recommended? Are you recording in RAW 4k with SSD's?

Denny Smith

Re: Video Assist 7 " 12G - Can you record with Samsung SSD t

PostFri Jun 10, 2022 1:33 am

Only the T5 will work in BND devices, like the video Assist. The T7, while it’s specifications seem better is not able to record a continuous video type signal. This drive was developed for computer data applications, that center on short bursts of wide bandwidth data. The T5 is able to record a continuous data stream, like a video signal. BMD device recommendations for recording media are based on their testing. I would stick with their recommendations.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Castelan

PostSat Jun 11, 2022 12:18 am

Denny,
Thank you very much for your valuable information!

Eric-Jan

PostSat Jun 11, 2022 9:51 pm

Oops, i'm using a T7 with my Hyperdeck Shuttle HD, but did not notice any quircks yet, this manko is also valid for any Hyperdecks ?
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Denny Smith

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 6:25 pm

Not sure Eric, your Hyperdeck is recording h.264 files which are a lot smaller, and the Hyperdeck is spooling the data, so it might work. See the BMD recommended drives for this deck.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Eric-Jan

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 7:09 pm

Thanks, did already used the T7 with my Hyperdeck Shuttle HD for longer recordings, did not noticed anything wrong sofar.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Eric-Jan

PostSat Jul 02, 2022 9:58 pm

Just bought the T5 2TB also, just to be sure, because loosing a few frames could already cause sync issues i guess, since i do want to do my captures in ProRes422LT which is more than enough for 625i50.
It's a setup VCR ES35V > BMD Analog to SDI > SDI to HDMI > Hyperdeck Shuttle HD or Ultra Studio Mini Recorder.
Thanks, for the help !

Return to Getting Started