DeckLink Quad 2 and Wireless Transmittors

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

rangituhaha

DeckLink Quad 2 and Wireless Transmittors

PostFri Jun 10, 2022 2:07 pm

I have recently started using Accsoon Cineeye 2s Pro SDI/HDMI wireless transmitters with my DeckLink Quad 2 card and with another computer setup my DeckLink Duo 2 card.

The problem I ran into is that I can transmit 720p (50), 1080p (50) through a SDI cable but I can only wireless transmit 720p (50), 1080p (25).

If I try and transmit 1080p (50) I get a black screen but the audio still goes through.

This only happens with my Decklink Quad and Decklink Duo 2 cards when using the Accsoon Cineeye 2s Pro SDI/HDMI.

I tried the Accsoon Cineeye 2s Pro with a Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD switcher and it works fine no problems. I've tried other devices and again have no problems transmitting 1080p (50) using the Cineeye 2s Pro wireless transmitters.

I've tried different camera settings, 3G-SDI Mapping set to LevelB from LevelA. No luck. If I put the camera into PsF (forced 1080i) I can then wireless transmit 1080i (50).

What I can't figure out is I have no problems transmitting 1080p (50) through the Decklink Quad and Decklink Duo cards using an cable but I can't wireless transmit 1080p (50) through the Cineeye 2s Pro wireless transmitters.

Any ideas to why this could be happening?

The video camera used is a Canon XA55.

Mike Ambrose

Re: DeckLink Quad 2 and Wireless Transmittors

PostFri Jun 10, 2022 3:39 pm

I think you're on to something with the SDI levels. Just because you change the output on the camera doesn't necessarily mean the receiver outputs the same level.

If you have one, try running the signal through a Decimator and outputting B. Many Decklink cards infamously only support B input.

rangituhaha

PostFri Jun 10, 2022 11:19 pm

If I connect a SDI cable from the camera directly to both cards, the 1080p (50) works both on a Level A and Level B.

It's when I use Accsoon CineEye 2S Pro wireless transmitter I can't transfer a video signal of 1080p (50). I can transfer a wireless signal of 1080p (25) on both Level A and Level B to both cards.

The Accsoon CineEye 2S Pro can transmit 1080p (50) on other devices, including Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD switcher.

I will try a few other video transmitters and see if the same thing happens.

rangituhaha

PostSat Jun 11, 2022 4:53 am

Thanks Mike,

I tried your idea and it worked but I had to set the 3G-SDI Mapping to LevelA on the camera to make it work.

I ended up renting a Teradek Bolt HDMI/SDI transmitter kit and got the same problem trying to transmit a 1080p (50) signal. I was able to transmit 720p (50), 1080p (25) but not 1080p (50).

I put the Teradek receiver through Decimator MDLX and it worked. I was able to transmit 1080p (50) signal.

I then tried my BMD Micro Converter HDMI to SDI 3G and it worked on that as well but I had to keep the video camera 3G-SDI Mapping set to LevelA.

Using the Decimator and BMD Micro Converter also worked with the Accsoon Cineeye 2s Pro SDI/HDMI wireless transmitter.

brianlah87

PostMon Aug 07, 2023 11:23 pm

I've been in contact with Accsoon, the manufacturer of the CineEye 2 Pro and 2S Pro (SDI and HDMI version) and I'm updating here in case anyone else with a similar issue comes across this thread.

I had similar issues with an Ultrastudio HD Mini as well as a Decklink Duo 2 - sending 1080p (50) over SDI from the CineEye 2S Pro gives a flashing black screen but sound gets through. It does not matter if the input signal is HDMI or SDI on the CineEye's transmitter. It also does not appear to matter what camera or settings is used as the source. The CineEye 2S Pro receiver side SDI output is where the problem occurs. Updating the CineEye to the latest firmware (that claims to support Level B SDI) does not resolve the issue.

Switching my camera (and thus the CineEye) to 1080i (50) solves the issue, as does 1080p (25).

Taking the SDI signal to certain other devices including a Feelworld P7S monitor with the exact same cables seems to work just fine.

Accsoon support says:

Decklinks need SDi Payload ID to recognise the 1080p signal. This is not a Level A or Level B issue.

CineView add SDI Payload ID so it can work with Decklink.

CineView refers to the newer model of transmitter/receiver that is replacing the discontinued CineEye 2S Pro.

I asked if CineView receivers/transmitters are compatible with CineEye 2s, and they replied no.

I also asked if the CineEye 2S Pro has an upcoming firmware update that adds SDI Payload ID to enable it to work with Decklink, and they replied "There are some limitations, we can't update it".

As the CineEye 2 line of products has been discontinued due to a parts shortage and replaced with CineView, this issue is unlikely to be of any priority to either Accsoon or Blackmagic.

I think the reason why it works with some other devices like the ATEM Television Studio HD switcher and my other monitors and devices is because those devices infer the format of the incoming SDI signal without referring to the Payload ID.

Hope that helps.

Return to Getting Started