Mini Converter HDMI to SDI 6G no audio on output

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

JeKaRe

Mini Converter HDMI to SDI 6G no audio on output

PostTue Jun 14, 2022 9:28 am

Hello,

Following setup:

Brightplayer XT1144 HDMI (2.0a) Output to the converter HDMI input
Analogue audio from Sonifex RB-DA6G L/R XLR outputs to L/R TRS inputs on the converter
SDI Out from converter to Castwin DME-9724HM HD-SDI input (provided by our CableText host)
Dipswitches 6 and 7 in ON position.

Result: Perfect picture but no audio.
Audio levels coming form the Sonifex are fine

IMHO this can mean 2 things, there is no audio on the SDI Out of the converter, but i don't know how to check, or the Castwin is losing the audio, but that thing is remotely controlled and i cannot do anything with it.

background: I volunteer at a local radiostation where we are going to start a CableText channel in addition to our FM radio station. The Brightplayer serves the pages for the Cable channel and we want to add our broadcast audio to the videostream.
As such i am seasoned in terms and standards used for broadcast radio, but pretty new to video related matters. I thought the setup as described should be functioning, but it isn't and i don't have a clue why not.

Perhaps one of you video buffs can help me out? ;)

With kind regards,
Jack Reitsema.

Xtreemtec

Re: Mini Converter HDMI to SDI 6G no audio on output

PostWed Jun 15, 2022 4:23 pm

Hook it up to the mini converter software. It has a volume control inside the software.. Might be set to 0?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started