Good media player like HyperDeck with Balanced audio out put

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

cataline

Good media player like HyperDeck with Balanced audio out put

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 1:27 pm

hi there,

total new and it's my first post. Hope to get some help.

I need to play quality video files to feed into 3 or 4 projectors. And the media contents need to be update every day for 1 projector, while the contents for other 3 will need to update every week.

Someone suggested to purchase some Blu-ray player and I can simply plug in USB memory stick with my video files into the Blu-Ray player. But I feel that my $ is being wasted on features that I don't use.

So I'm looking for something do the job, I will need the sound from each video file play via different PA system as well.

Someone suggested HyperDeck Studio HD Mini, which looks very promising with the preview screen etc (though I don't need the recording feature).

But I cannot find the audio output from this device. wondering if I missed something? Or is there anything in the market has the look and feel of the HyperDeck Studio and similar features plus decent audio output ports?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
CW.

Mike Ambrose

Re: Good media player like HyperDeck with Balanced audio out

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 4:56 pm

If you're needing analog out you could just use a Mini Converter SDI to Audio in conjunction with any HyperDeck that outputs SDI. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... /W-CONM-22

(There's a 4K model as well).

Eric-Jan

Re: Good media player like HyperDeck with Balanced audio out

PostSun Jun 19, 2022 12:04 pm

If you need balanced audio output you need a (semi) Pro solution most of the time,
it all depends on your current setup, if you're using SDI mainly, or HDMI. (component also?)
maybe a mini pc (NUC) or a laptop ?
you could look and maybe put "things" together with BMD converter(s)….
You should give more info on your current setup, then it's easier to match, what you need.
Don't know if a BluRay player is a good idea, sometimes you're stuck with if codec or format/container is supported, most of the time a BluRay player you can't updatethe firmware of it, maybe a pc with multiple videocards could be an option ? on a pc multiple players ?
Don't know if a setup like that what you want has done before, looks like you need also a switcher/mixer with multiple inputs and also multiple outputs, only SDI will work ?, other options will give lag issues if valid.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started