Checkout Issue: Download buttons not working [Workaround]

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

websnail

Checkout Issue: Download buttons not working [Workaround]

PostThu Jun 30, 2022 6:06 pm

I've reported this to support but posting up here as well in case someone else hits this issue and wants to know how to resolve it without needing to wait hours/days for a support response.

I used Google Chrome to checkout the paid version of DaVinci Resolve Studio and (whether it was Chrome or Kaspersky) something blocked the script that should have allowed me to download using the buttons shown with the order confirmation. The email you receive with your activation code doesn't provide a download link so it appeared as if I was stuck until support could get back to me.

If you find yourself in this position it seems you can download the paid-for version (ie: Studio) via the blackmagicdesign com/support page (I can't post the URL due to the spam filters but you can work it out)

Look for the latest "DaVinci Resolve Studio ..." update and click the appropriate download button here for your computer OS.

NB: Studio is the paid for version... the DaVinci Resolve without "studio" in the name is the free version.

Hope this helps someone else from wondering how to get the software.

Gordon_Keenan

Re: Checkout Issue: Download buttons not working [Workaround

PostTue Sep 06, 2022 12:08 pm

Thanks for that information as I had the exact same experience of paying, then not having a working link and left floundering, as the email has no link as you mentioned!

Heck, I hope this is not a sign of things to come.... still, downloading now and touch wood all things will be fine.

randyd

PostWed Sep 07, 2022 3:59 am

The studio version installer can be downloaded from the Blackmagic support site. It just won't work without a license.

websnail

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 7:38 am

randyd wrote:The studio version installer can be downloaded from the Blackmagic support site. It just won't work without a license.

Correct... My point with the OP was that if you pay for the license you get a confirmation page that includes a download button on it. The problem is that the download buttons script is broken so you can't actually click the darned thing to get the studio download.

Hence my workaround to help you get what you paid for.

Jim Simon

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 3:43 pm

A better option would be using Firefox with uBlock Origin as the ad blocker and only Windows Security.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve