Decklink 8k pro and Apple silicon setup advices

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

pastel_overkill

Decklink 8k pro and Apple silicon setup advices

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 8:18 am

Hello everyone,
I seeking some advice to build a new setup to live broadcast video during concert. I used to tour with a small form factor pc build with a decklink 8k pro. My setup was 4 PTZ cameras that were sending video to my decklink, I was tweaking the videos in resolume then sending it to led wall through my 3080.

I got A LOT of issues touring by plane (airport losing gear, airline breaking stuff etc.) and I can’t stand it anymore, I would like to switch to either a Mac mini M1, a MacBook Air m2 or a 14" MacBook Pro.

Do you have any recommandations of a setup that would work perfectly with the decklink 8k pro ? I read some evasive answers on the forum but I still have some doubts. I think I got that the Sonnet Echo Express SE IIIe might be working but I don’t know if it will deliver enough watt to the decklink, as the 8k pro have a 6pins connector, so it may need more than what this Sonnet can deliver. Also, I don’t need 3 pcie slots, only 1, so is there other smaller Thunderbolt case that would work with the 8k pro and Apple silicon ?

Also, for my use case, what computer would you recommend from those I quoted earlier ?

Thank you so much for your help !

Return to Getting Started