Mini converter Analog to SDI 2nd gen power supply question

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Alex_Mich

Mini converter Analog to SDI 2nd gen power supply question

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 1:44 am

Hi, I have recently acquired an Analog to SDI mini converter from the 2nd generation (it says "Analog to SDI 2" next to the serial on the back), unfortunately missing its original power supply.

I have a 12V adapter very close to the specs needed apparently, positive pin on the center, 12V 1.5A
There are two doubts I would like to clear out before using it, to avoid frying my converter:

- is it going to be a problem to use 1.5A and not the original 0.84A that I believe Mini converter adapters usually have?

- is it going to be a problem that it is only 12V and not the 12-30V that 2nd generation Analog to SDI converters were changed to (if I understood correctly) ?

Many thanks in advance if someone has that info!

Eric-Jan

Re: Mini converter Analog to SDI 2nd gen power supply questi

PostSun Dec 11, 2022 1:18 pm

Looks no problem to me, since you also don't need a locking connector for this model, it only means that you can put more than 12 volt on this converter, if you don't have any other options.
only problem is that BMD devices tend to get hot, maybe less amps could safer.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started