Recording interviews and simultaneous live stream ?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kiwiiwik

Recording interviews and simultaneous live stream ?

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 10:22 pm

Hi,
I don't know if BM can provide the solution, but here is my use case:
I need to record interviews in a classic police-type room. The interviews may run for up to 4 hours without a break. I need accurate timestamping. The output file will be saved to a Synology NAS and streamed live to up to 5 officers on the same LAN. The officers have standard Windows notebook computers.
Can anyone offer any advice on products required.
Cheers

greenmeanh1

Re: Recording interviews and simultaneous live stream ?

PostThu Jan 19, 2023 3:17 am

Seems if its just one room is being recorded you could use any IP/ethernet connected camera that has a dirty output meaning the date and clock etc and officers can simply log into the IP address of the camera with a password and its good to go. Relatively inexpensive solution but would work quite well as long as its all within an internal network. Camera would be on 24/7 much like a security camera.

greenmeanh1

Re: Recording interviews and simultaneous live stream ?

PostThu Jan 19, 2023 3:33 am

Extra thinking. A slightly higher quality optic like a 1/2 inch sony sensor PTZ camera well positioned could offer some remote zoom capability as to capture & magnify eye movements for when subjects answer questions which can be a helpful tool for investigators.. Camera control can be accomplished by either IR remote or even a Pelco type wired controller or even software controllers.

Return to Live Production