No video output Decklink Mini Monitor HD card

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Richinald

No video output Decklink Mini Monitor HD card

PostWed Jan 18, 2023 11:54 pm

Looking if there might be fellow members on this group with experience about Black Magic Decklink Mini Monitor video cards.

Have two of them installed on a PC that has PCI-E slots, these were installed on PCI-E slots 2 and 3. There is an dual video playout software that outputs from each player to a card, one card works well, the other not.

Both cards are appearing (showing up) fine on Windows and on the playout software, all BM drivers/ software did installed good on Windows, but one card won't output video.
When running the playout software only card 2 is outputting video, but card 1 had not video output.
On the playout software both cards appear that can be assigned to each player.

On Windows the second card appears with a (2) behind the card name on Windows and this card is functional, the first one appears as a normal card name on Windows but there is no video output.
The PC mother board info is: Sabertooth Z77 ,PC was formerly used as a gaming PC and the operating system is Windows 10.

Thank you all for your help.

nigelP

Intensity Pro 4K and Z77 MoBo

PostWed Jan 17, 2024 11:15 am

My Intensity Pro 4k (10.3.7.0) is running on a dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 PC with a z77 MoBo / i7-3770 CPU. This would only work reliably in the PCIE16x-3 slot. PCIE16x-1 holds a Radeon video card, PCIEX-2 will not detect the Intensity Pro. PCIEX16-3 is set to 1x in BIOS and can cope with virtually all formats in WIndows 7 on an SSD (Read 5000MB/s, write 475MB/s), but only a quarter of this speed under Windows 10 on an HDD. To stop the drivers constantly requesting re-install on boot, I had to disable the all MoBo Realtec audio controllers in the device manager, otherwise these tended to install themselves automatically on reboot and cripple the BlaackMagic board. After switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7 on reboot, there is still a problem, but as long as you stick to one OS, the system is much more reliable
Nigel Pitts

ASUSP8Z77-V Intel i7-3770 16GB RAM, Twin SSD's, Intensity Pro 4K. Dual boot Win10Pro-64 & Win7Pro-64. Old but it works for 1080p max

Return to Getting Started