DeckLink Mini Recorder HD configuration problems

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

frocha

DeckLink Mini Recorder HD configuration problems

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 5:08 pm

Hello,

I'm using "Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Recorder HD" capture card on windows 11, with version 12.4.2 of the Desktop Video Setup.
When using third-party software, in the capture card configuration of that software there are 2 options:
- Decklink Video Capture
- BlackMagic WDM capture

When i'm using the "Decklink Video Capture" option, the captured image from the capture card doesn't show in the software. In the settings is possible to choose other video resolution but none of them work.
When i'm using the "Blackmagic WDM Capture" option, the captured image from the capture card shows in the software but it does not allow to change the resolution, only the "1920x1080" option is available.

I used another software for testing, OBS Studio, and when configuring I saw the option "Blackmagic Device". In the device option, only the option "DeckLink Mini Recorder HD" is available, i can choose the type of connection and change the mode (resolution). It worked correctly.

Does anyone know how to configure this capture card in order to show the captured image and have the possibility to change the resolution?

Return to Getting Started