HDMI to Component Help

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Synthafterdark

HDMI to Component Help

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 4:27 am

I recently purchased the mini converter HDMI to SDI, mini converter SDI to Analog, BNC cable, and everything else to convert an HDMI signal to Component. I'm not able to get a signal.

I am simply trying to convert HDMI sources (1080p) (PC, some FPGA consoles, etc) to run on an HD CRT at 1080i. For the sake of simplicity, I am dealing with non-DHCP video sources.

The more I read about dip switch orientation on the mini converter SDI to Analog, the more I'm confused. I understand that the "on" position is on the bottom, but I've tried what feels like every possible combination & I can't get video nor audio out of this setup.

Any thoughts on dips switch settings or anything I should check?

jay thompson

Re: HDMI to Component Help

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 3:16 am

>>I am dealing with non-DHCP video sources.

I think your liz dexia kicked in, did you mean HDCP? My HDMI to DVI adapter won't pass ATEM HDMI out to my old VGA-DVI monitor, very irritating. I talked with an engineer from NEP who said they had to buy some adapters to deal with this in one of their production trucks.

Eric-Jan

Re: HDMI to Component Help

PostWed Feb 15, 2023 12:25 am

There's no such thing as non-HDCP in HDMI, with HDMI consumer devices it always kicks in, unless there's a setting for it like in games consoles.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started