Payal payment successful but no activation code

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

uzaircotwall

Payal payment successful but no activation code

PostSat Feb 25, 2023 6:51 am

Hi

I decided to make the switch from the free version to the studio last night. Did the transaction through the official blackmagic website. the $295 dollars was deducted from my bank account via the PayPal paygate, I see the deduction on my Banking app which is not a paypal account so I know that it went through. After which nothing happened. I was taken back to the checkout screen as if I didn't make any transaction. I did not even receive any communications via email that my order or payment was successful.

Is this normally what happens?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Payal payment successful but no activation code

PostSun Feb 26, 2023 1:21 pm

Please contact your local BMD office.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

uzaircotwall

PostSun Feb 26, 2023 2:33 pm

I am from South Africa, there are no local BMD offices and I cannot seem to get throught to any of the other offices worldwide.

I tried to contact the suppost team from the website but this was the reply "Our Support service via phone and email, is only available to users of the paid version of DaVinci, DaVinci Resolve Studio, unless you are using a Blackmagic Design I/O card like Decklink or Ultrastudio, Blackmagic eGPU, or are using a DaVinci Resolve Control Surface with the free version of DaVinci Resolve.

Free users can still get help on our user forum by following our Support and Troubleshooting FAQ."

SoulMan IT

PostSun Feb 26, 2023 9:11 pm

uzaircotwall wrote:Hi

I decided to make the switch from the free version to the studio last night. Did the transaction through the official blackmagic website. the $295 dollars was deducted from my bank account via the PayPal paygate, I see the deduction on my Banking app which is not a paypal account so I know that it went through. After which nothing happened. I was taken back to the checkout screen as if I didn't make any transaction. I did not even receive any communications via email that my order or payment was successful.

Is this normally what happens?

Same thing just happened to me. However I was directed to a confirmation page with the Studio installer, but no email activation.

Only thing I can think of at this point is that the email keys will be emailed start of business Monday, depending on where you are located because we purchased on the weekend. And they have no business hours on the weekend. When I called I get sent to voicemail, and I sent a support message but don't know if it was received.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 27, 2023 1:52 am

As I said, for activation purchasing issues, you need to speak to your local BMD office.
For Africa this is the EAME office listed on the web site.

uzaircotwall

PostMon Feb 27, 2023 6:08 am

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 8.06.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 8.06.23 AM.png (216.17 KiB) Viewed 4840 times
Peter Chamberlain wrote:As I said, for activation purchasing issues, you need to speak to your local BMD office.
For Africa this is the EAME office listed on the web site.

Thanks, and which one is the EAME office?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 27, 2023 10:23 am

UK

SoulMan IT

PostMon Feb 27, 2023 3:08 pm

Check your spam folder, my key was in there. Never thought to check in there

BaardBek

PostWed Apr 26, 2023 11:08 am

Also from South Africa and same issue, paypal deducted from my account but no email received with activation code.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Apr 27, 2023 3:56 am

BaardBek wrote:Also from South Africa and same issue, paypal deducted from my account but no email received with activation code.

Did you phone the UK office as suggested above?

TulioMelo

PostFri May 26, 2023 6:52 pm

Hello @Peter, hope you are fine. I am experiencing the same Issue as is described here, but Im from Colombia with no access to make an international call, what options do I have in order to fix this and get my activation key?

Thanks in advance

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon May 29, 2023 5:06 am

For activation purchasing issues, you need to speak to your local BMD office.
For Colombia this is the USA office listed on the web site.

ecouchez

PostSat Jun 10, 2023 10:30 am

So... not exactly same issue, but same insane "contact local BMD office" 90's policy. 25 years ago, I should wait for weeks to get a box of software from local reseller, and hope everything went fine with installation and key dongle. Nowadays I use dozens of apps and software, all of them have their cloud user profile and management, where I can download updates and bills, get historical list of purchases, even pay and get number keys in case I change my computer.

Just yesterday discovered that my Davinci had turned into “free” mode… just when I most needed the pro version. I purchased the “perpetual” version in January this year, so barely 6 months. Now can’t use anymore the filters and effects I expected…

The big problem, my local reseller is in weekend, is human and doesn’t get the phone. Maybe he answers my mail on Monday, maybe not. The key number was in a screen shot he sent me that now can’t find anywhere. Now can’t work anymore.

Don’t see the reason why to depend on a local fallible reseller when isn’t a physical product that I’m buying.

Return to DaVinci Resolve