SDI converter

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

EyeAV80

SDI converter

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 9:31 pm

Hello, I am an eye doctor, not an AV expert or professionalZ. I need to record out of a camera connected to a surgical microscope. The camera is a 3-chip HD camera with 3 1/3 HD progressive MOS sensors. I will record out of a HD-SDI output with a 720p/50 1080p/50 (PAL) or 720p/59.94 1080p/59.94 (NTSC) output. I wanna record into a MacBook Pro. Which Blackmagic SDI converter would give me the best video quality? Thank you!

Jonathan Evans

Re: SDI converter

PostWed Mar 15, 2023 11:15 pm

You might look at this: UltraStudio Recorder 3G.

Eric-Jan

Re: SDI converter

PostThu Mar 16, 2023 10:18 am

Your MacbookPro is a recent one ? be shure all devices have the same version of Thunderbolt.
You could also think about the Video Assist from BMD, it's a monitor with recorder, it records to SD flash card,
which you can put into any computer or laptop with SD card reader, the Video Assist comes in 5" or 7" screen.
if you are using a microSD card in a adapter to regular size, you can also put the microSD into your smartphone (Android)
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started