ATEM Mini Pro - Hot swap inputs?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mgbloomfield

ATEM Mini Pro - Hot swap inputs?

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 6:09 pm

During the day, I have different people on stage plugging in their laptop to give a presentation.

With the ATEM Mini Pro, which has 4 HDMI inputs, can it handle hot swapping without requiring a reboot of the ATEM Mini Pro?

What do I mean by "hot swapping". Person A unplugs their laptop from Input 1. Person B plugs in their laptop into Input 2. Push button "2" to stream from Input 2.

Does plugging and unplugging inputs require a reboot of ATEM Mini Pro?

Eric-Jan

Re: ATEM Mini Pro - Hot swap inputs?

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 7:29 pm

I would say…. just try it. I guess the Atem Mini will match resolution, otherwise put an extra ATEM mini on one port.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

carlomacchiavello

Re: ATEM Mini Pro - Hot swap inputs?

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 8:23 pm

For my small experience (3 Blackmagic Design cameras and one laptop and on Mac)
No problem if disconnect and reconnect cable from pc sides and leave connected hdmi cable.
Check that all computer send same kind of video signal, many pc (windows) send strange yrgb based signal that causes strange color issue Magenta shift on video projector and or video mixer.
Usually I test before and setup if needs (intel gpu often had this issue, nvidia and Amd gpu output directly correct signal).
Pay attention that hdmi 1 drive setup of other ports, if you put a strange signal about standard, you change the way that also other ports go in that direction.

Anyway on atem mini manual (downloading from support diction of Blackmagic Design website) you can know all infos about what you can and what you cannot do.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Live Production